Thursday, January 16, 2014

Y4 go to the Hippodrome

Lots of pictures
An excited audience

Waiting for the show to begin
  

The teachers always enjoy this trip too.

The show starts, and some of children are called onto the stage to help (but the lights are a bit bright!!!)

A clearer shot

Afterwards, the helpers got presents (including a monkey!)

 The set, costumes and effects were amazing
 

BUT.... there were holdups in the traffic. It took more than two hours for the transport to get back to school 
Luckily a kind headteacher let the parents in to sit in the warm hall

 ...rather than stand in the freezing rain!

Parents were very patient - and well-behaved!

Eventually the children returned 
The verdict:
It was the best pantomime I've ever seen. I'd go on my own to see it - and I don't usually like them.  Mr Jackson

Excellent comedy moments. I couldn't stop laughing.   Mrs Fowler

I'm really getting into these pantomimes.    Mr Anfous (He went last week with Year 3 as well)

I was laughing louder than the children - quite embarrassing!   Miss Garrett

Our children on stage was the highlight of the whole thing - I wish their parents could have seen them. The children will remember it for ever.    Miss Comrie

It was quite good.    Mr Hayward